EHC® Plus is a synergistic mixture that stimulates both abiotic and biotic de-chlorination mechanisms and provides an adsorption pathway to help to achieve low remedial goals for difficult to treat contaminants.
- Multiple and dynamic reaction pathways → abiotic, biotic and adsorption
- Abiotic and biotic pathways destroy contaminants including those with lower adsorption affinity for activated carbon, such as vinyl chloride, chloroethanes and dichloroethanes
- Synergistic organic carbon and ZVI mixture creates a reactive halo in the downgradient zone by the volatile fatty acids and soluble iron corrosion products
- Solid PAC stays in the injection zone and does not migrate with groundwater flow cutting off contaminant plumes and helping to achieve low remedial goals
- Chlorinated solvents
- Energetic compounds
- Most pesticides
- Nitrate compounds
- Direct push injection
- Hydraulic fracturing
- Pneumatic fracturing
- Permeable reactive barriers
Evonik’s laboratory created the KLOZUR® field test kit to provide a quick and reliable measurement of persulfate in the field.
There are two different kits available, depending on the activation method used. Each kit is capable of running ten tests and has a measurement range of 1g/L to 100g/L, with a theoretical accuracy of ±1g/L and ±2g/L respectively.